Training and Expeditions
Alister is a highly regarded educator. He has run workshops around the world for schools, universities, production companies and individuals. He runs workshops on all aspects of video production including 3D. In addition throughout the year Alister runs a number of exciting expeditions that combine a real adventure with the chance to learn new video skills or improve your existing abilities. Some of these are run in conjunction with the F-Stop Academy. Even if you feel your skills are up to date these expeditions also provide the opportunity to film in exciting or unusual locations. They are almost always a great deal of fun and the cost of the trips is often less than comparable tourist excursions.
The value and fun that these trips represent can be seen from the fact that many people come back year after year.
In January/February/March there are trips to Norway and Iceland to film the Northern Lights and arctic scenery. April/May/June is Tornado season and Alister runs trips to the USA to chase the spectacular “Supercell” storms that produce incredible lightning displays, giant hail and tornadoes. Throughout the year Alister likes to keep an eye on what’s going on and other trips are often arranged at the last minute when opportunities present themselves. August and September is monsoon season in Arizona, USA. If you like lightning then this is the place to go as the dry desert air gives incredible visibility, not normally seen.
More details of any up and coming workshops and trips will be posted on this page.
May 12th, BPV Expo, Haydock Park, UK. Free 35mm world seminars.
May 17th, Introduction to 3D video production, Crawley, UK. Please contact me for details.
June 2nd to 4th. Short 3D intro sessions at Cinegear (details to follow).
June 5th. Full day introduction to 3D video production. Samy’s Camera, Fairfax, LA ($50)
June 7th to 15th . High Plains Storm Chasing Departing Denver USA. (Typically Colorado, Nebraska, Dakotas, Montana, Wyoming)
June 21st to 24th. Various seminars at Broadcast Asia, Singapore.
August 13th to 21st. Arizona Lightning workshop. Tucson Arizona.
Mid/Late December. Norway, Northern Lights
20-25th January. Norway, Northern Lights
Most Recent Posts
- Super Slow Motion 480fps Lightning.
- The Grand Canyon, shot with an FS700.
- Canon Launches new C100 AVCHD s35mm camcorder.
- Arizona Storm Shoot Update
- Convergent Design Gemini to Support 4K with the Canon C500.
- What not to pack!
- New Sony NEX-EA50EH shoulder mount 35mm camcorder. Power Zoom lens for FS100 and FS700
- SHort Film/Documentary Workshop in Arizona.
- A to Z Index
- Alister's Bio and Info
- Alister's Blog
- Alister’s Bio and Info
- Alister’s Blog
- Camera Setup
- Contact Me
- Documentary Production Workshops
- Example Video Clips
- How To Videos
- Northern Lights Live 2012
- Once in a Lifetime Northern lights Expeditions to Norway.
- Picture Profile Guide.
- Adaptimax Lens Adapters for PMW-F3
- Alister’s Equipment Reviews A to Z.
- Alphatron EVF-035W Viewfinder Video Review.
- Atomos Samurai
- Camrade cb-single-iii camera bag.
- CamRade WS PMW F3 Rain Cover Review.
- Cineroid HDSDI EVF (EVF-4MSS) review.
- Juice Designs EX1R Baseplate.
- Manfrotto 509 Tripod Head
- NEX-FS700 In Depth Review.
- Review of the Sony PMW-200
- Sonnet QIO Review. Very, Very, Fast Offloads.
- Sonnet SDHC to SxS Camera Adapter.
- Sony FS100 and F3 Video Review
- Sony PVM-740 OLED monitor
- Tilta BS-TS03 Shoulder Mount Review
- Today3D FIZ controller. Focus, Zoom, Iris, Interaxial.
- Transvideo PMW-F3 replacement base assembly.
- Triad PL to E-Mount adapter.
- TVLogic WFM-056WP Monitor/Viewfinder
- Vinten 100 Tripod Review
- Shooting Tips
- Short Film Workshop
- Tech Notes.
- Training and Expeditions
- Ultimate Documentary Production Workshop
- Video Reviews
- Workshops and Training
- alisterchapman on 50 Megabits for the masses, the new Sony PMW-200.
- alisterchapman on The Grand Canyon, shot with an FS700.
- alisterchapman on Alphatron EVF-035W Video Review.
- alisterchapman on Uncompressed 240 fps possible with FS700 and Convergent Design Gemini. Tested!
- alisterchapman on Adaptimax Lens Mount Adapters for PMW-F3, Canon and Nikon.