Hello and welcome back!
As you may be aware this domain and most of my other web sites have been unavailable for some time. This was caused by the total failure of the server my domains resided on. This resulted in the loss of all my data, including my backups. The hosting company was supposed to have been backing up my domains as part of the hosting package, however they had moved my sites to a special server for large domains and I was not aware of this. As a result no backups were kept by the hosting company, again something I was unaware of. I even had a mirror of this domain for safety, but that was lost as well.
Anyway.. long story short.. I’ve lost 3 years of hard work. The moral of this sorry tale is don’t take your web hosts claims of “free backups” for granted. Do your own backups and keep them safe.
Over the next few weeks I will try to salvage what I can from this mess. Even this is taking time as the hosting company has left my domains in such a mess that un-picking them is proving difficult and I seem to be spending more time on the support line than anything else.
Thanks for your support. I hope to get all the key information that used to be on the site back online some time in the future.
This will mean a new layout to the site with feature pages and documentation, which I hope will make it easier to find the things you are looking for. If there are any particular articles that you would like me to try to find or re-write please please post a comment on my blog and I’ll try and find it!
If you were a forum member, you will have to re-register. Please, please post away in the forum. Lets get things back up to speed.
Most Recent Posts
- Super Slow Motion 480fps Lightning.
- The Grand Canyon, shot with an FS700.
- Canon Launches new C100 AVCHD s35mm camcorder.
- Arizona Storm Shoot Update
- Convergent Design Gemini to Support 4K with the Canon C500.
- What not to pack!
- New Sony NEX-EA50EH shoulder mount 35mm camcorder. Power Zoom lens for FS100 and FS700
- SHort Film/Documentary Workshop in Arizona.
- A to Z Index
- Alister's Bio and Info
- Alister's Blog
- Alister’s Bio and Info
- Alister’s Blog
- Camera Setup
- Contact Me
- Documentary Production Workshops
- Example Video Clips
- How To Videos
- Northern Lights Live 2012
- Once in a Lifetime Northern lights Expeditions to Norway.
- Picture Profile Guide.
- Adaptimax Lens Adapters for PMW-F3
- Alister’s Equipment Reviews A to Z.
- Alphatron EVF-035W Viewfinder Video Review.
- Atomos Samurai
- Camrade cb-single-iii camera bag.
- CamRade WS PMW F3 Rain Cover Review.
- Cineroid HDSDI EVF (EVF-4MSS) review.
- Juice Designs EX1R Baseplate.
- Manfrotto 509 Tripod Head
- NEX-FS700 In Depth Review.
- Review of the Sony PMW-200
- Sonnet QIO Review. Very, Very, Fast Offloads.
- Sonnet SDHC to SxS Camera Adapter.
- Sony FS100 and F3 Video Review
- Sony PVM-740 OLED monitor
- Tilta BS-TS03 Shoulder Mount Review
- Today3D FIZ controller. Focus, Zoom, Iris, Interaxial.
- Transvideo PMW-F3 replacement base assembly.
- Triad PL to E-Mount adapter.
- TVLogic WFM-056WP Monitor/Viewfinder
- Vinten 100 Tripod Review
- Shooting Tips
- Short Film Workshop
- Tech Notes.
- Training and Expeditions
- Ultimate Documentary Production Workshop
- Video Reviews
- Workshops and Training
- alisterchapman on 50 Megabits for the masses, the new Sony PMW-200.
- alisterchapman on The Grand Canyon, shot with an FS700.
- alisterchapman on Alphatron EVF-035W Video Review.
- alisterchapman on Uncompressed 240 fps possible with FS700 and Convergent Design Gemini. Tested!
- alisterchapman on Adaptimax Lens Mount Adapters for PMW-F3, Canon and Nikon.